Make sure that the container has a drain hole to let out excess water.
Containers should be sufficiently deep to allow root crops like carrot and radish grow comfortably.
For other crops, containers which are 6 inches deep are sufficient.
Size of containers depends on space available for storage of the container.
It is the best medium for growing plants.
It is advisable to use red loamy soil.
If you don't have enough soil you can use coco Peat (Made from Coir Fibre)
3. Biodegradable Waste
The wet waste like skin /peels of fruits or old rotten fruits and veggies, paper, cardboard egg shells, dry leaves, used tea leaves.
They provide Nitrogen and Carbon which is essential for the growth of your plant.
This provides a good base and nourishment to your Plant.
This waste decomposes to form the Compost for your plant.
Pick any Sankalp Agritech Seed of your choice.
We have 32 Varieties of seeds for you to choose from.
Place the containers or grow the plants in an area which receives good sunshine.
Lack of sunshine makes the plants lanky and they may not perform to the best of their ability.
Water the Plant once a day.
Avoid over or under watering.
Best time to water is early morning or late evening.
Avoid watering between 11 am to 4 pm.
Do you have all the things above? Now here is what you do:
1. Take your pot depending on the vegetable you want to grow. All leafy veggies can be grown in any pot, your roots need deep pots and the climbers need support.
2. Make sure that you place a dish below your pot so that you can throw away the drained water after every two days.
3. Put all your biodegradable waste at the bottom of your pot.
4. Cover this waste with soil/ Coco Peat.
5. Now make tiny holes at the topmost layer of the soil and insert your seeds and cover your seeds with some soil.
6. Remember the seed should not be too deep otherwise it won't find space to grow. The size of the hole should be the size of the seed. Also DO NOT over crowd your seeds in the pots for the same reason.
7. Plants like cucumber, gourds and tomatoes require some support to keep the plants upright. So place a wooden/ metal stick in the centre of your pot for the plant to get complete support. Or you can plant this near your window grill.
8. Some plants like tomato, hot pepper, brinjal, cabbage, cauliflower and knolkhol need Nursery and Transplanting technique where you sow the few seeds in a small container first (plastic cups and preferably in Coco Peat). The seeds sprout and start growing into seedlings. When the seedlings have 4-6 leaves (generally 28-35 days after sowing), you should uproot the seedlings from the container and transplant them into a bigger container where they will grow as a plant. Be careful and don't break the roots. Do the transplanting during the evening.
9. The plant should get minimum 4 hours of sunlight and water at least once a day. Follow the given Illustration.
10. Once your plant gives your choice of vegetable enjoy it they way you want.